Monday, December 20, 2010

SAILORS DO CRY ! -- CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL










I remember the days , you threw your love on me strong

I was the typical sailor on shore leave— full of life

You were eager to walk with me,  on the wild side

You kept pouring love into my heart

Till I looked at you,  with eyes of love

It was love on a two way lane

Remember those seven day weekends

When we ate nothing but soul food


Then came the shipping recession, and my world crumbled

King Midas in reverse , I was in the middle of a heart ache

Slowly , but surely, you drifted away when I needed you the most

You had no use for knights in rusty armour

I tried dancing some more with you, on the jagged edge

Though I knew well , that it takes two to tango

I still remember the night you called it a day

Even while I desperately tried lighting candles in the rain

I cried all the way home—yes , sailors do cry!


You broke my heart in more places than I could ever find out

I had nobody to help me pick up the broken pieces

There was no sunshine for long after you left

It was permanent rainy season for my heart

My lips smiled , my eyes never did

I lived in a daze , in a black and white world

Sometimes I wondered, where all the flowers had gone

Yes baby, I loved you so much , it hurt ed

My friend hastened to tell me “ you need a vacation from love!’


Then my bewitching new love waltzed into my life

She knew all, but let me be her third world country

Her kisses were sweeter than wine

She had the chord of my heart go TWANG!

Let me tell you, you are nobody till somebody loves you

She wove my broken dreams and got me hummin’ again

Then BANG came the shipping boom, out of the blue

King Midas on overdrive, I became all over again

My cup of happiness overflowed like never before


Now you are on the other side of goodbye

You are just another faceless person in the crowd

“No parking for you” says the road signs in my heart

Now I can give you anything , but love

I thank god , you could not draw my well of love dry

Our love ghosts tango no longer

Our song has ended , the melody does not linger

My lovely dream weaver owns this heart, I once hung up for you

Please don’t talk about me , now that I am not yours

 ( THIS IS A TRUE STORY-- OF MY FRIEND )




This for future poets who want to carve a niche for themselves on this planet. 

Poetry is the flow of intense thoughts— otherwise it is NOT poetry.  

It need not rhyme , unless you are writing it as a nursery rhyme for little children to sing along.  Once you start reading poetry you will NOT be able to stop.  And finally when you do stop, you will feel something inside your heart— if it is good poetry.  



Love and nostalgia take very little effort to make that impact. 

Gone are the days of Victorian bombardment. An ordinary man on the street can write good poetry. Good poetry means 90% of the people both erudite and illiterate who read it will be impressed. 

The remaining 10% misanthropes of this planet , who need something other than poetry to get impressed, please excuse.






CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL
..

6 comments:

  1. pranam babaji

    ever made a girlfriend??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi tirthesh,

      which boy did NOT have a crush in school?

      capt ajit vadakayil
      ..

      Delete
  2. I like your fiery blogs. But I loved your poem. I do write poetry in English and some times in Malayalam too. But your sailor with a heart that cries is a different treat altogether that has come from deep within you. Yes. You are right. No need to rhyme and alliterate. Poetry should just flow and yours is torrential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP PRESS:

    HEARING KIRAN BEDI ON TV, BOASTING ABOUT HERSELF IS INSUFFERABLE.

    YAP YAP YAP YAP--

    I AM THIS , I AM THAT, THIS IS MY VISION- BLAH BLAH-

    SHE HAS PICKED UP SOME MANAGEMENT MANTRAS FROM CHEAP MANAGEMENT BOOKS YOU SEE ON THE FOOTPATH-- BLAH BLAH

    I CANT IMAGINE A PRINCE CHARLES OR A INDIRA GANDHI OR A MODI OR A JAITLEY OR WHOEVER TALKING THIS RIDICULOUS WAY.

    JUST NOW SHE WAS BOASTING ABOUT 40 YEARS OF HER ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE-

    MADAME BEDI-- JUST SHUT UP-

    YOU DID 40 YEARS OF POLICING -- TEE HEEEEEEE !!

    ON A SHIP ONCE WE LEAVE THE LAND , ANY PROBLEM COMES UP, AS A SHIP CAPTAIN I HAVE TEAM UNDER ME - THEY ARE TRAINED TO HANDLE IT-

    BUT WHEN THEY FAIL-- THE BUCK STOPS ON THE CAPTAINS TABLE--

    I CANNOT SAY-- THIS IS NOT MY JOB--

    I HAVE NEVER EVER FAILED TO RESPOND TO ANY SUCH SITUATION--

    JACK OF ALL TRADES-- PEOPLE WHO SAILED WITH ME WILL CLAIM-- CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL WAS A MASTER OF ALL TRADES.

    LEAVE ALONE NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND MISSILES -- I DID EVERYTHING AS PART OF MY JOB--

    I REMEMBER ONE I MADE A GANTRY CRANE JOYSTICK HYDRAULIC BLOCK BY MELTING A FEW METALS AND DRILLING HOLES -- HANDS BELONG TO MY OFFICERS AND CREW ---BRAIN IS MINE --

    I SPIT ON THIS EXTREMELY VAIN AND LOUD WOMAN ( SOUNDS LIKE DRAGGING IRON ON CONCRETE ) , WHO PASSES OFF HER POLICING EXPERIENCE AS ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE.


    changing coats constantly, as the situation on board deemed


    judge, doctor, policeman, accountant, pest control, cook


    journalist , plumber, head shrink, soldier ( without license to kill )


    businessman --you name it--he does it as part of his job


    round the clock, not 9 to 5 -- day after day, without holiday


    http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in/2010/12/captain-sleeps-tonight-capt-ajit.html


    IF AS A CAPTAIN I WAS INDEED WEARING THE POLICEMANs CAP --

    --SUDDENLY I WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE IT TO MECHANICAL ENGINEERS CAP, AS MY SHIPS BOILERS WENT PHUT AND MY ENGINEERS FAILED TO START IT---

    IN ANOTHER ONE HOUR IF MY BOILERS DO NOT COME BACK ON LINE , MY HIGH MELTING CARGO INSIDE THE SHIPS TANKS WILL FREEZE AND SHIP WILL TILT OVER AND SINK.

    http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in/2011/11/marine-engineering-self-examiner.html

    CHECK OUT THE COMMENT IN THE POST BELOW- IT TAKES GUTS TO MAKE A COMMENT OF THIS MAGNITUDE.

    http://defenseblog-njs.blogspot.in/2012/09/ins-vikramaditya-trial-malfunctions-to.html

    capt ajit vadakayil
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. namaste sir

    Russia Issues Grave Warning: “Prepare To Defend Earth, Fallen Angels Have Returned”

    http://www.eutimes.net/2015/02/russia-issues-grave-warning-prepare-to-defend-earth-fallen-angels-have-returned/

    they have mentioned that our indians subcontinent was upto ukranie. they have also mentioned about vimanas and the German Nazi regimes existing “communication link” .

    the russians know our religion far better than the western counterparts.

    please go through the above link

    regrads
    Nelson Singh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. usha kapuria
    April 1, 2015 at 7:33 AM
    oh it is wonderful.You got revealed to me at this very point of time.Your topics are great.My stories also veer around human pathos.Hope you could assess them.You are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    ###########################
    Capt. Ajit Vadakayil
    April 1, 2015 at 8:04 AM
    hi uk,

    the roof of pathos ( emotions ) cannot deliver on its own in a truth exhuming blog site.

    it has to be laid on a foundation of ethos ( trust )

    supported by walls made of logos ( consistency )

    to hold the INTEREST of a vast multinational audience ( whom you bollock hour after hour ) you need pathos .

    any idiot can hold the ATTENTION -- only a chosen few can hold the interest .

    and the authors who were sponsored by big brother -- they have all fallen by the wayside in this internet age.

    have you seen the pathetic JOKERS on main stream media ?

    they are like the flea ridden cats at port royale , discussing how the treasure should be divided and which pirate should get what. the pirates do NOT even know that these mangy cats exist.

    like body/ mind and soul -- every piece of prose must have ethos/ pathos / logos.

    without pathos poetry cannot exist.

    check out the worlds greatest poets sponsored by big brother -- do you see any pathos ?

    a perceptive soul verily said - "the heart has reasons that the mind knows not of." -- statistics may fall, arguments may fall short -- pathos never fails.

    only IDIOTS like winston churchill think pathos is rhetoric

    capt ajit vadakayil
    ..

    ReplyDelete