Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MEDITATION WITHOUT TEARS - CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL





The purpose of meditation in modern times is to destress, to stop the destructive mind chatter, for some time in a day,--  to STILL THE MIND.

WHEN YOU STILL YOUR MIND,  NO CHEMICALS ARE PRODUCED. The brain must not be allowed to pump in destructive F&F ( fight & flight ) chemicals into your body, which will shorten your life.

The reason why people remain mired in negativity is because of the beliefs they have inherited over time. Beliefs are subconscious .

We can use our conscious mind to observe ,to introspect and dip into the subconscious where our beliefs are embedded , in order to eliminate it. You can meditate, to rewrite these negative programmes that cause you misery.

During meditation thinking is separated from perceiving, so that the individual can stand apart from the emotional self.

Indians use meditation to purify the mind and gain insight. It was developed during the vedic civilisation which flourished on the banks of Indian river Saraswati around 9000 BC. 


There is self observation and introspection ( which animals cannot do ) .Having the advantage that it can be practised at any time in any place, it is usually practised in a comfortable position with eyes closed, with complete relaxation of all muscle groups.

The difference between prayer and meditation is that the former is a petition to God, and the other is a detached observation of one's own mind, and its processes, after squelching the 5 senses.

In the modern world, meditation is used as a non-religious technique for relaxation and stress reduction. The spiritual aims are peace of mind, wisdom, and, ultimately, a state of enlightenment or self-realization.

Chanting mantras are OK , if you find that the thoughts are too intrusive and disturbing, and you are unable to banish them.  The idea is to stop hyperventilating, and slow down your breathing. 

You will never appreciate the power of mantras until you see a video of cymatics— intricate patterns formed on sand/ water on a tonoscope. Your body is mostly water.


Osho did meditation via the back door. Create a storm in a medium you like ( it could be sex ) like frenzied dancing. After the storm, the peace comes by itself. There is no need to run after it.

On the hectic chemical tankers I command, I have meditation via back door , every month ( raising vibrations by dancing vigorously to loud rock ). Then I allow my crew 10 hrs continuous rest. Next day after a bath, all feel fresh like babies.

You can hold your mind still by Pranayama or by lifting weights . Try thinking when you lift weights.

THERE IS AN EASIER WAY TO STILL YOUR MIND—JUST PUT THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE ON THE UPPER PALATE AND TICKLE IT.

LATER YOU DON’T NEED TO TICKLE IT AT ALL.


CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL
..

9 comments:

  1. PRANAAM Capt. Ajit

    "THERE IS AN EASIER WAY TO STILL YOUR MIND—JUST PUT THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE ON THE UPPER PALATE AND TICKLE IT.
    LATER YOU DON’T NEED TO TICKLE IT AT ALL."
    Thanks for this advice capt. I really needed this. Whenever I do pranayam, sometimes my mind is so chatterer that it storms either in past or in future and even creates a slight strain my head. I hope this advice help me to settle in the present moment.

    But capt. what does it mean to observe oneself ? I mean how can i observe myself ? Kindly give an insight to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi s,

      punch into google search-
      VIPASSANA MEDITATION VADAKAYIL

      capt ajit vadakayil
      ..

      Delete
  2. Looks like the blog was written to answer my query..:)
    Thank you Capt.
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namastey sir,
    I am a happy guy. No depression from past . No regrets from past. I think i have a very nill ego or my ego lasts for a little time after that i realise the truth and accept it. Does a person like me need to meditate. Or just pranayam and tongue tickling is enough for me.
    What is the real goal of meditation other than distressing. Please tell side effect of meditation or any speacial deffect on any particular case. And is crying in this thoughtless process is bad for health.
    I think i have to live grahasth for a period and at a later age i should switch to these things. Am i right at this. I am very confused to do or not.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi vb,

      the answers you seek are in my posts - continue reading.

      capt ajit vadakayil
      ..

      Delete
  4. Hi captain,
    Enlightened by your post,as usual. I wanted to express what I want to say in blog of yours which is a bit lonely.
    I understood (a bit) what is perception,from you, in this world I was like a soul, lost in a fare. Any one ridiculing my watan and Hinduism gets a tight slap of wisdom from me- powered by yours. You are a man worth hundred(Not thousand because you have eaten beef) salutes.I thank you for mentioning different allegories of Hinduism which is jaw dropping. From draupadi and pandavs as kundalini and chakras to trinity as oscillating fields, from the very poison of shakuntala, dasas,narakasura,gudipadva,devdasi,ashwamedha,etc;all have filtered me from layers of ignorance.

    I am expressing my gratitude by spreading your knowledge on sites like quora , sorry captain, I am not involved in promoting the site on modis,parrikars,dovals websites as I dont think I have grown mature for that, I am in 12th std. I am neither on fb nor on twitter. I am not yet exposed to such broad spectrum. Plz forgive.
    I was introduced to Indian mytho and philosophy by the book "Jaya- Mahabharata" by pattnaik, thanks to him but today he is worth spitting. All desh drohis pin his work in their sites(wiki) to spread vulgarism (beyond imagination) eg. Ganesha was made by menstrual blood of Parvati. I would have beat that man on the spot if he was in front of me.
    You showed your readers how wolves prosper in sheeps clothing.
    Okay, all in good time..will enthusiastically wait for kalki avatara arrival knowlege from you.plz reveal something about lord kalki, in your 15%th revelation (plz ^ infinity), as no one is on internet who is as potent as you. All bull in their websites.(some claim themselves to be kalki).
    I am proud to be your reader, and am an AVd fan.
    My 12th exams are going on..would you advice anything?
    Regards,
    AS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi as,

      STUDY WELL

      GET REM SLEEP THE DAY BEFORE EXAMS.

      http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in/2013/02/the-dreamer-and-rem-sleep-witness-and.html

      GOOD LUCK

      capt ajit vadakayil
      ..

      Delete
  5. hi captain,
    I scored 87 % in the Maharashtra board exam. Grateful towards your kind blessings and priceless knowledge.
    Just a small question, Though I have scored satisfactory in boards, my cet entrance exam didn't go well. The result is on 1st june.College admissions are based on cet.

    If life gives me two ways --
    a good college(reputed) with the wrong branch and an average clg (which lacks good placements) with correct branch.....
    what should I choose?
    Thanks,
    Aditya.

    ReplyDelete