Bilva tree is called wood apple tree and its botanical name is Aegle marmilos.
Bilva tree ( Koovalam in Malayalam ) has been held sacred for many millennia by Hindus and offerings made to Shiva are incomplete without Bilva leaves.
As per our puranas , the bilva or bael tree grew from a spot where the sweat of Goddess Parvati fell on the Mandrachal mountain, which existed in the east of mount Meru..
People who can see auras can see that the bilva tree has a strong aura, probably due to nano mercury in its leave. The leaves emit positive energy and absorbs negative energy. Try keeping some fresh bilva leaves at your work place desk , if there is a foul vindictive atmosphere there .
The trifoliate leaves ( tripatra ) represents the three eyes of Lord Shiva OR Shiva’s trishul which represents the trinity of Dvaita Hindusim – creator / mediator / destroyer.
Punch into Google search-
DVAITA VEDANTA OF SANATANA DHARMA OR HINDUISM VADAKAYIL .
The coconut with three eyes is also offered to Lord Shiva. Only the middle eye can be pierces the the two are hard. In places where Hindus have NO access to tropical tree coconuts, bilva leaves are used instead.
Goddess Lakshmi , wife of Lord Vishnu hold a fruit of Koovalam in her right hand.
The 6000 year old Ayurveda uses every part of this tree for amazing cures and prevention.
The bilva tree is resistant to any harsh condition thrown at it .
The bilva tree is usually found next to Shiva temples. Hindu puranas Shiva Purana, Padma Purana , Skanda Purana, Devi Bhagavatha Purana etc details the procedures and protocol involving the bilva ( bael ) tree.
Koovalam wood with a resinous gum is used as yupam in various sacred yagnas like the athirathram.
Yupam is NOT a sacrificial post to tether sacrificial animals as tom tommed by the white invader and their fake mutts.
Yupam is a garuda flag pole erected on the midpoint of eastern boundary of the yaga vedi of athiratram.
Spread across 12 days, Athirathram done often in my home town of Calicut is the oldest surviving vedic Yajurveda yaga.
Even a fallen bilva tree is never used as firewood.
When you have something as holy as this for Hindus, the immoral white invader must inject some poison , to drive a wedge between Shaivites and Vaishnavites , right?
So here it is .
QUOTE - Brihaddharma Purana says Goddess Lakshmi , the wife of Lord Vishnu prayed to Shiva every day and offered him 10,000 lotus buds. One day she fell short by two buds. Remembering that Vishnu had compared her breasts to lotus buds , she cut one off and offered it humbly. Before she could cut the other boob , Lord Shiva, pleased like pudding with her , stopped her. Her cut breast became the fruit of the Bilva tree.- UNQUOTE
These are the types of stories churned out every single day in our national newspaper Times of India vide the spirituality column.
Below : " There is not one instance, not one single, solitary instance in which BR Ambedkar participated in any activity connected with that struggle to free the country. Quite the contrary--at every possible turn he opposed the campaigns of the National Movement, at every setback to the Movement he was among those cheering the failure" Arun Shourie in his book -- "Worshipping false gods "
And I guess all this has the sanction of enemies of Hinduism from within , the Hindu wolves in sheep's clothing , who are ruling us today.
TO BE CONTINUED -
II shrii ganeshaaya namaaha II
tridalam triguNaakaaram trinetram cha trayaayudham I
trijanmaa paapasanhaaram eka Bilva shivaarpaNam II 1 II
trishaakhair Bilva patraisha hyaschidrai komalai shubhai I
shivapoojaam karishyaami eka Bilva shivaarpaNam II 2 II
akhanda bilvapatreNa poojite nandikeshware I
shudhyantii sarva paapebhyo eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 3 II
shaaligram shilaama ekaam vipraaNaam jaatu arpayet I
somayadnya mahaapuNyam eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 4 II
dantikotisahasraNi ashwamedha shataanicha I
kotikanyaa mahaadaanam eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 5 II
laxmyaa stnam utpanam mahadevasya cha priyam I
bilva vruksham prayachchhaami eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 6 II
darshanam bilva vrukshasya sparshanam paapanaashanam I
aghorapaapa sanhaaram eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 7 II
moolato brahma roopaaya madhyato Vishnu roopiNe I
agrataha shiva roopaaya eka bilva shivaarpaNam II 8 II
bilvashtakam ediam puNyam yaha paThet shiva sanidhou I
sarva papa vinirmuktaaha shivalokam avaapnuyaat II 9 II
II eti bilvashtakam sampoorNam II
1) I offer Bilva Patra (A Bilva Patra is so called leaf having three small leaves.) to God Shiva. This Bilva Patra is a form of the three human qualities. Good Virtue (Satva), Passion (Raja quality) and Irascible (Tama quality). This Bilva Patra is like three eyes, Sun, Moon and Fire. It is like three weapons. It is destroyer of sins committed in earlier three births. I perform pooja of God Shiva with such Bilva Patra.
2) I offer Bilva Patra to God Shiva. This Bilva Patra is very pious, soft and there are no holes on it. As such it is complete in it self. It is like three branches. I perform pooja of God Shiva with this Bilva Patra.
3) I offer Bilva Patra to God Shiva. After performing pooja of Nandikeshwar (God Shiva) by offering complete Bilva Patra (as described in 2 above) to him, we become free from our sins.
4) i) Soma Yadnya (Sacrifices and such like things) is performed to receive blessings from God, to accomplish good things in our life and to destroy our sins. ii) People who perform religious duties even for others offer Shaligram (God in the form of a very pious Stone) to God Shiva. These (i) and (ii) are very pious and good things however to offer Bilva Patra to God Shiva is much more pious thing of all. Hence I offer Bilva Patra to God Shiva.
5) i) Long time back Kings and rich people in India were donating elephants. ii) Ashwamedha Yadnya (Sacrifices and such like things) were performed. iii) At time of marriage, father of bride is donating his daughter to bridegroom, and this is considered as a very pious thing performed by him. Above i), ii) and iii) are no doubt very pious things performed however offering Bilva Patra to God Shiva is much more pious thing than all. Hence I offer Bilva Patra to God Shiva.
6) Bilva Tree is created By Godess Laxmi who is wife of God Vishnu. God Shiva Likes Bilva Tree (Bilva Patra) very much. I perform pooja of God Shiva with Bilva Patra.
7) When we see Bilva Tree and touch it, it simply destroys our sins. Even our very bad and biggest sins are removed and we become free from our sins. Hence I perform pooja of God Shiva with Bilva Patra.
8) Lower part of Bilva Patra is God Brahma, Middle part of Bilva Patra is God Vishnu and Upper part is God Shiva himself hence I perform pooja of God Shiva with Bilva Patra.
9) Whosoever recites this Bilvashtakam by sitting in front of God Shiva temple will become free from all his sins and rest in Shiva Loka along with God Shiva after his death.
Thus here completes Bilvashtakam.
CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL